A few random notes about Vancouver:
Pot. I want to say POT EVERYWHERE, but I suppose it really wasn't that much, it's just that it's not something one runs into in Japan at all. I have never walked down a random street in Japan and suddenly been in a cloud of pot smoke.
So many ladies were wearing yoga leggings as pants. I am a big proponent of yoga pants as a replacement for real pants (I'm wearing some at work right now, actually, because I have a yoga class before my afternoon classes on Friday and hell if I'm putting on regular pants again.), and it's not like Japanese ladies don't love them some leggings, it's just that here they are always worn under shorts or mini-skirts or dresses. Not as actual pants. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS, PEOPLE.
About an equal number of men were sporting extremely large beards. Like, "I've been living up a mountain for a year and didn't have access to a razor or mirror" large. I don't object to beards in general but if you can hide a small woodland animal in your face, it might be time to reconsider.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home